Are you interested in building your leadership skills and a community for Barnard residents? Apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA) for the 2024-2025 academic year!
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 by 11:59 PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
Optional RA Info Sessions
- While not required, applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an RA Info Session. These info sessions will go into detail about the RA position, and its requirements, in addition to providing an overview of the application and interview process. These sessions are also an excellent opportunity to meet Residential Life professional staff members and get your questions answered ahead of the application and selection process.
|Tues, Jan 23
|11am - 12pm Eastern
|Wed, Jan 24
|6 - 7pm
|Sulz Tower 17th floor, South Meeting Room
|Thurs, Jan 25
|1:30 - 2:30pm
|Weber Living Room (Reid 118)
|Mon, Jan 29
|2 - 3pm
|Fri, Feb 2
|10 - 11am Eastern
|Google Meet Link
RA Role & Responsibilities
- In this position, RAs are members of a union and are represented by OPEIU. At the conclusion of Fall 2023, the RAs voted to ratify a collective bargaining agreement with the College.
- This resulted in changes to the position, which will be covered in the upcoming RA Info Sessions listed above. All applicants are strongly encouraged to attend to ensure they understand the RA role.
Who Can Apply?
- We welcome Barnard students who will be enrolled as Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors for Fall 2024 to apply.
- Experience living in a residence hall is not a requirement.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good standing with the college to be considered. Applicants cannot currently be on College or residential probation.
- If you will be abroad in the spring, we will have remote group/individual interview options for abroad applicants only.
Application & Interview Timeline
Below are the anticipated dates and times of the application and interview process. If dates need to change due to unforeseen circumstances, applicants will be notified as soon as possible:
- Tues. February 6 by 11:59pm EST -
Applications are due. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Mon. February 12 - Fri. February, 16 -
Group Interviews (various times, Required of All Applicants)
- Fri. February 23 & Sat. February 24 -
Individual Interviews (various times, Finalists only)
- Tues. February 27, 12pm -
Candidate Social (Optional, Invite only)
- Fri. March 1, 2024, by 5pm EST -
Hiring Decision Notifications Are Sent
- Fri. March 8, 2024, by 12pm (noon) EST -
RA acceptances/declinations are due to the Res Life Office.
A form to indicate preferences for Group/Individual days and times will be sent via email to applicants by 12pm (noon) on Wednesday, February 7th at the latest.
Please contact us at RASelection@wapxvideo.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
RAs may hold a second part-time position on or off-campus and/or a significant campus leadership role. However, the RA position is to be considered their primary position and takes precedence over other positions and leadership roles.
We believe that your experiences make you who you are. We have all made a poor decision from time to time. As long as you're not currently on residence hall probation, you can apply! We hope that students learn from their experience if found responsible for policy violations and make positive changes in their behavior.
- Set up a time to meet your Community Director or Residence Hall Coordinator. They can share their experiences with you and encourage you to find ways to get involved in your residence hall and the Barnard community.
- Have conversations with family, friends, and past supervisors about your strengths & weaknesses. This will help you have a better understanding of your abilities.
- Beyond Barnard provides opportunities for resume-building and interviewing skills. Seek them out!